Friday, January 25, 2008

P-Day on 25 January 2008

Today is a P-Day...so, Dad went out and bought a couple bundles of boards and got a few measured and sawed. He is happy. I made a big pot of soup---to last us through a few more stormy winter days. Time really seems to fly by when you are home and can work on anything you want.

Our new senior missionary friends, the Kohlers, live in Ivins---at Cameo Park, just across the street from us. Two days ago Sister Kohler fell in the Tabernacle parking lot. She got scraped up on her arms and leg but landed right on her face. Three bones in her face are broken. She is ok and feels lucky the bones stayed in alignment and can heal alright. We all just want to do so much and forget that we have to think 'safety first'---and slow down and act our age...whatever that means.

I just wanted to share my experience with the moon. It was early morning before dawn when we were on our way to the Visitor's Center for our 7:30 am Training Meeting on Tuesday. The sky was filled with clouds---puffy, stormy clouds. I looked to the west, near Utah mountain to find the moon. It was a full moon but just beginning to peek above a cloud that was in front of it. The cloud took on a 'sliver lining' look---only it was golden. I don't recall ever seeing such moon-beams---they were radiating upwards with the same golden glow in the rays. It was so amazingly beautiful!!

I love the sky!! Ever since I was very young I have loved the clouds and and especially the sun-rays. I always felt a sun-ray was a message from heaven---just for me. I still do---and now I have a message from the moon!

We have had a good week. Thanks to each of you who support our efforts to share God's love with others. It is a 'feel-good' effort.

2 comments:

Al said...

Thanks for instilling a love for ALL of God's creations (including the sky/sun/moon) in us, Mom! We love you!!! :)

Al said...

Safety first is always a good idea! :)